Thursday, May 27, 2010

Accusations

Today I went to meet the caretaker of the guest house, Ruth Hafner. It did not go as expected. After confirming that I am the resident of room 5, she started off aggressively. Her English was not so good, and I thought that maybe she thought I had come to complain or something. So I clarified, “I have no problems.” Pat came the reply, “We do.” She rambled on hurling one accusation against me after another, the major ones being, - keeping potatoes on the table, throwing banana skin into the waste paper basket, keeping my toilet/bathroom wet, and not to have squeezed the towels before hanging them to dry. By the time she was done with me, I had completely forgotten my primary motive - to ask her about the facility to wash clothes in the guest house.

But suddenly after the business talk, she became very friendly. She even consdered that since I am staying for just 2 days more than 2 months, instead of charging me on a monthly basis, charged me on a daily basis. She talked about family and gave me postcards to send home. And advice about transportation. And places to visit around. Before leaving I assured her that she won’t have as many complaints again.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركات النقل بالمملكة

    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام شركة موفرز لنقل العفش بالدمام مع الفك والتغليف والتركيب بايدي عمكمالة فنية مدربة على فك وتركيب جميغ أنواع الاثاث على مختلف انواعة وكذلك في شركة نقل عفش بالجبيل لما تتمتع بة الشركة من وجود فريق عمل متكامل بجميع مدن المنطقة الشرقية كوجود شركة نقل عفش بالقطيفو شركة نقل عفش بالاحساء والى جميع انحاء المملكة مع الضمان على المنقولات وتركيب الاجهزة الكهربائية والستائر والمطابخ وغرف النوم والمكيفات الاسبلت والشباك

    ReplyDelete