Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Paris -3

Versailles Palace (above) and its gate (below)



I was supposed to return on day 3 at 8.20 pm, and till 1.30 pm I was determined to do so. Thank God I changed my mind. After seeing the Versailles Palace and its gardens from the exterior, along with Pankaj, I decided it is too late for Disneyland, rather I would idle around the Eiffel, and maybe go see the Pantheon and the Sacre Coeur. But Diptarka and Ketan, managed to take me to go to Disneyland, in a way which bordered on kidnapping.

We were told at the counter that ticket for both parks is 56 euros and for one is 53 euros. We were contemplating our return, when a Russian guy approached us and handed us 3 tickets and said it was valid for both parks, and that it cost 40 euros. We were extremely suspicious, understandly, but turned out that the man wasn’t a fraud after all. And we had a really great time and for 16 euros less.

The two parks are the ‘Disneyland Park ‘ and ‘Walt Disney Studios’ Park ‘. The first one is further divided into Fantasyland, Adventureland, Discoveryland, Frontierland and Main Street USA. It was all very colourful and lively which can lift anyone’s spirits. And needless to say it was heaven for children. We had picked up a guide map written in French, and couldn’t figure out where to go. The parks were huge. Then we saw that out of the rides, some had some warning signs beside their description. I decided, that whichever of these had the maximum number of warning signs, we will take them, and it was a great decision indeed. Initially though, when we were in the queue to the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, and we saw the track, I thought it was the worst decision ever. My jaw dropped loose when I saw that the carriage on the track completely inverts at one point. I was reminded of the feelings me and my stomach had from my previous experiences at the Nicco Park or on ferris wheels, and they did never invert. Seeing people returning alive after the ride, I finally decided to take a chance. And guess what, in spite of the thrills and all, it was not at all uncomfortable or nauseating. We went from one corner to the other of the park, seeing everything but taking only the most challenging rides… Star Tours, Twilight Zone – Tower of Terror (elevator gone berserk that rises and falls repeatedly with accn >g), Big Thunder Mountain (runaway mine train), and finally Space Mountain: Mission 2 (where we got inverted twice at high speed, went through wormholes and stuff, and plunged through empty black space, stars flying past left and right). This finally managed to send the brains of Diptarka and Ketan for a spin, and we decided to call it a day.






The Tower of Terror, where we were subjected to multiple bouts of vertical accelarations > g

These real pics they took while in the rides were being sold for 10 euros. This particular one was taken in the Space Mountain: Mission 2. In the first few rides, I had a zipped mouth. Then later, I opened it, and I realized that it was more enjoyable that way. I shouted my throat hoarse. Another hint that could help one enjoy more is to believe that nothing will happen to you, and to think of yourself as a part of the carriage you are on.


Really a dream-land


No comments:

Post a Comment