Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Paris -1

I headed straight for the Eiffel. Going past the African and Punjabi hawkers (they use Hindi to attract Indians), who gave the place an Indian feel, and to add to the feel, the crowd did its best. Figure me standing in a queue in an European city for 10 minutes shy of 3 hours before I could make it to the top. However, thanks to the exact slant angle of the earth’s axis, I got to see the majestic view of Paris before sunset, during sunset and afterwards within the next 3 hours.

The Seine crossed by numerous bridges meandering through the metro.

At the very top, I finally met Pankaj and his men, with whom I returned to where they stay at around 1 pm. I was literally smuggled in, past the prying eyes of the guy at the reception.

Now I know that Pankaj is talented in many ways, but I did not know of his cooking expertise. I had a feast at his place on both the nights I stayed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment